Fatimanagar, NIT Post, Warangal, Telangana
St. Gabriel's High School
St. Gabriel's High School, Fatimanagar, Kazipet, Warangal District was established by the Society of the Brothers of St. Gabriel in June 1955. It is recognized by the Government of Andhra Pradesh and runs classes from Kindergarten to X, preparing students for the SSC Examinations.
At the invitation of Most Rev. Alphonsus Beretta, the then Bishop of Warangal, green signal was given by the then Provincial Superior of the Indian Province of Montfort Brothers, Rev. Bro. Louis Beaureau, to start a school for boys at Fatimanagar. This is one of the first educational institutions established at Fatimanagar and also in the Diocese of Warangal.
Late Rev. Bro. Vincent was the first principal. It was initially a boys' school, but co-education was introduced by Bro. Alexander in 1986. In 2006, the total enrollment was around 2100 students. Until April 2008, there were four sections per class with an average of 50 students per class. This has been increased to six sections per class.
It is a well known fact that the National Character depends on the efficiency of its Educational system. And, we Montfort Brothers are fortunately a part of this educational mission wherein we are privileged to contribute our mite in making this nation socially forward, spiritually enlightened and politically astute. We are in the noble profession of training the youth, who contribute an important segment of the society, who are the inheritors of the cultural legacy of the country and the future leaders of this nation. It had been a strong conviction of the founding father of the Montfortian institutions, St. Louis de Montfort, that a school should not be visualized merely as a place of formal learning but rather as a living and organic community